What to Expect during a Dental Exam
Get started on a brighter smile and life.
Dental Exam Overview
During a dental exam at Geo Dental, One our of dentist or hygienist will begin by getting your medical history medical history, you can expect simple questions regarding your diet and oral care routine in order and begin the process of getting you prepared for the exam and cleaning. After we’ve gathered this information we’ll begin the oral exams.
The dental X-Ray allows the dentist to see detailed imagery of your mouth.
There is a variety of x-rays you can expect to get:
• Biting X-Ray allows the dentist to see the crowns of your teeth. During this type of x-ray as it says you’ll be lightly biting down on the device while the image is being taken.
• Periapical X-Ray is a type of x-ray that allows the dentist to see the entire tooth and surrounding bone.
• Occlusal X-Ray allows the dentist to see the way the upper teeth and surrounding lower teeth fit together when the jaw is closed.
• Panoramic X-Ray allows the dentist to have a wide view of the entire mouth.
• Cone Beam Computerized Tomography X-Ray allow a 3-D visual for the dentist to have a better idea on alignment and structure of your teeth.